NEW CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19) Policy in the UK
The UK government have announced further national measures to address rising cases of coronavirus in England.
It is critical that travelers to the UK observe the following key protocols while in the country.
• All persons in private hire vehicles and taxis must wear face coverings.
• All persons in hospitality venues must wear face coverings, except when seated at a table to eat or drink.
• Those category of people who are already exempt from the existing face covering obligations, because of an underlying health condition, will continue to be exempt from these new obligations.
• Guidance stating that face coverings and visors should be worn in close contact services will now become law
• Staff working on public transport and taxi drivers will continue to be advised to wear face coverings.
• Businesses selling food or drink and other indoor leisure centres or facilities, must be closed between 10pm and 5am. This will include takeaways but delivery services can continue after 10pm
• In licensed premises, food and drink must be ordered from, and served at a table.
• Customers must eat and drink at a table in any premises selling food and drink to consume on site.
Meeting people safely
• Support groups must be limited to a maximum of 15 people.
• Indoor organised sport for over 18s will no longer be exempt from the rule of six. There is an exemption for indoor organised team sports for disabled people
• There will be a new exemption in those areas of local intervention where household mixing is not allowed to permit friends and family to provide informal childcare for children under 14.
• Weddings and civil partnership ceremonies and receptions will be restricted to a maximum of 15 people (down from 30). Other significant standalone life events will be subject to the ‘rule of six’ limits, except funerals.
UK: COVID-19 Entry Requirements International Travelers Need To Note the following;
Traveling to the UK is now possible for tourists from many countries.
**Public Health Passenger Locator Form**
All visitors are required to fill out the Public Health Passenger Locator Form before they arrive in the United Kingdom.
Failure to do so could result in being denied entry into the UK or fined £100 if you refuse to provide your contact details
COVID-19 Testing Entry Requirements
Visitors will NOT need to present test results from a PCR or Rapid COVID-19 when entering the UK.
Self-quarantine measures for 14 days are in effect.
COVID-19 Travel Insurance Entry Requirements
Travel insurance is not mandatory BUT all incoming travelers should have travel insurance that covers COVID-19 for the duration of their trip to the UK.
COVID-19 Health Requirements While in the UK
All visitors must abide by the following COVID-19 health requirements while in United Kingdom
Face coverings must be worn in enclosed public spaces in England including subways, railways, bus stations and airports. Follow all social distancing signs.